Who We Are
Silfab Solar is a North American leader in high-efficiency solar panel manufacturing with over 40 years of experience. We have facilities in Washington state and Canada, delivering top-performing panels designed specifically for the North American market.
At Silfab Solar, our purpose is to make a difference in the world by reducing carbon emissions and improving access to clean energy with every module we make.
What we bring to york county
With facilities already in Washington state and Canada, Silfab Solar is excited to expand its North American production capacity in York County. Silfab Solar is a leader in high-efficiency solar manufacturing, and we are eager to build a more sustainable future with solar panels made in South Carolina.
Along with being one of the leading companies in the solar industry, Silfab Solar is committed to being a responsible neighbor and fellow citizen. The company has engaged in several community projects and provided power to those most in need with the donation of hundreds of solar panels annually.
- Veteran Support: “Semper Cares” program: For the past 2 years, Silfab Solar has donated solar panels to the Semper Cares foundation. This charity works to give back by installing solar panels for veterans in the United States.
- Educational Support: The ZeNETH Tiny House Project at WWU, was created to provide students with actionable education while addressing local issues through sustainable building and energy design. It is a student-led effort at Western Washington University’s Institute for Energy Studies. Silfab Solar donated solar panels for this initiative in 2019.
- Environmental Support: In Bellingham, WA, Silfab Solar donated 325 solar panels for a high school that would be a sustainable environment that promotes global citizenship and environmental awareness. Along with other community donations, the panels were connected to the utility grid and this array can now produce nearly 100kW of power.
- ALS Community Support: Silfab Solar supports Matt’s Place Foundation in Spokane, WA, a charitable organization that assists people living with ALS and their families. Silfab donated solar panels to help power a new ultimate ALS home for at-risk families battling ALS.
As Silfab Solar seeks expansion in York County, SC, the company has already begun discussions with York Technical Community College and other local entities to prepare the next generation of advanced manufacturing workers. Over time, Silfab will continue to look for additional opportunities to give back and help build a more prosperous and sustainable community in York County.
low traffic impact
Silfab Solar engaged a qualified local engineering firm to examine potential traffic impacts of a new manufacturing facility. After thorough analysis, it was determined that Silfab Solar’s operations would have little to no adverse impact on local traffic.
Additionally, by combining off-shift schedules for employees and limited truck deliveries during peak travel times, Silfab Solar can further reduce potential adverse traffic congestion in the surrounding community. When compared to a designated distribution center, Silfab Solar's manufacturing facility would have a significantly reduced impact on local traffic congestion.
Careful consideration and analysis of local traffic impacts from Silfab Solar’s facility is what the community expects and deserves. Silfab Solar is committed to working with all parties, including York County and the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT), to ensure all relevant information is disseminated to the public.
The following intersections were included in the Traffic Impact Analysis:
- Logistics Land and Baxter Lane
- Central Carolina Parkway and Logistics Lane
- U.S. Route 21 and Central Carolina Parkway
- U.S. Route 21 and Regent Parkway
bringing solar manufacturing back home
This facility will be the first United States company to reshore solar cell design and production from China. What was once a prominent U.S. industry and product is now dominated by China. By locating in York County, Silfab Solar will:
Bring solar production back to the U.S.
Decrease the dependency on foreign imports
Help create jobs for workers in America
Generate further economic growth in supporting industries
Silfab Solar FAQs
Checkout the openings below:
Corporate New Product Introduction Program Manager
The Program Manager for New Product Introduction (NPI) at Silfab will be responsible for successfully launching new solar products from concept to commercialization. This role requires strong program management skills, expertise in solar module manufacturing processes, and the ability to coordinate cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional organizational abilities, effective communication skills, and the drive to meet project timelines and deliverables.
Process & Manufacturing Engineer
- Support the quotation of machinery or equipment required for the processes.
- Identify and implement kaizen projects to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Provide support to the production team by analyzing data and resolving issues, including those outside the engineering scope.
- Perform hands-on root cause analysis on production, engineering, equipment, and maintenance issues.